Hardwood Decking Milling Capability and Charges
Milling costs vary from project to project so please give us a call 866-452-2573, or send us a detailed email with your specifications, and we can provide you with a quote. We can do custom milling, which may incur additional tooling charges that would be determined per job.
- Milling orders take 7 business days to process
- For an additional $175 we can expedite your order to 4-5 business days.
- Milling orders have a minimum setup fee of $350 plus the $0.24/ LF up-charge.
- The minimum setup fee is waived if the order is over 5,000 LF. The $0.24/LF fee is still charged
- When grooving the material for a hidden fastener application it is highly recommended to use a 5/4×6 board as opposed to 1×6—except for with Ipe where a 1×6 is fine.
- Each different dimension or milling pattern has a $350 base setup fee (Waived for orders over 5,000 LF)
Example: If you order 300 LF of 1X6 grooved and 300 LF of 5/4×4 grooved there would be a $700 set up fee.
- If you order different dimensions of materials milled with the same thickness the additional set up fee is only $75 .
Example: If you order 300 LF of 1×6 grooved as well as 300 LF of 1×4 grooved there would only be a $425 set up fee
*We don’t offer milling services on Garapa hardwood