Hardwood Decking Supply - Shipping Policies
We Ship Wood Decking Throughout the USA
West Coast Shipping Special:
- Orders of at least $1,500 in value qualify for $250 shipping West Coast
- Every 5,000 pounds increases shipping cost by another $250
Please call us at 866-452-2573 to place your decking order.
- You can expect 1-2 days for order to be processed, packaged and put on truck. Once on truck, you can expect a normal delivery time of 3-5 days directly to your home or job site. All delivery times are based on business days. Shippers do not delivery on weekends. Shipment dates are approximate and not guaranteed for a specific date or time. We do everything we can on our end to track shipments daily and follow up with any issues that may delay shipment. Hardwood Decking Supply cannot be liable for shipping issues that are beyond our control.
- Please do not schedule a crew to offload your wood until you have a confirmed delivery date and time from the shipping company. Do not schedule contractors to install until wood is delivered, in the event there are delays. HDS will not be responsible for contractor and/or crew cost due to unscheduled deliveries.
- All wood is bundled on pallets, held together with padded protective straps and lumber wrapped when it leaves our warehouse and is shipped to you.
- Once order has been shipped, you will receive your Bill of Lading. This will include your shipping information, with contact info for the shipping company in the upper right corner and our shipping department info. You will be able to track your order with this information.
- Driver will only move wood to tailgate and customer will be responsible for removing the lumber from truck. Liftgate delivery is not an option with freight being over 8′ long.
- If you are not able to receive large trucks to your delivery address, please let us know at time order is placed and we will deliver freight to terminal nearest you and you will be responsible for delivery from terminal to your location. *Freight cost will be lower with this option than if they were able to deliver to your location.
- Another option is having the truck deliver to an area close to your location, in which you will then be responsible for meeting driver, unloading materials at temporary location and moving materials from temporary location to your job site.
- Upon delivery, check for damages or shortages and make sure you make note of it on the driver’s paperwork BEFORE you sign off on the BOL. To make a claim, this must be done. If you have any issues with the wood, do not install it. Once it has been cut, drilled or installed it is considered nonreturnable.
- CUSTOMER WILL BE BILLED FOR ANY SPECIALIZED REQUEST MADE WITH THE FREIGHT COMPANY FOR DELIVERY. If customer asks for: a liftgate, help with unloading, sorting or anything else that the driver is required to help with, the shipping company will bill additional fees. Hardwood Decking Supply is not responsible for these and the customer will be billed for the charges.
- All accessories will be shipped via UPS and will arrive separate from your wood order.
- We process all Hawaii decking orders on Monday, so order must be placed by Monday in order to be processed with next shipment to Hawaii.
- You can expect 2-3 days for order to be processed, packaged and moved to port for overseas shipping.
- You can expect 7-9 days for shipment to arrive at port nearest you.
- For all Hawaii orders, we deliver to port and you are responsible for pick-up at port. Please let us know when placing order if you would like us to provide separate freight from port to your job site.
- Once orders are packed for shipping, we will send you a Bill of Lading, with tracking information.