Hardwood Decking Supply - Shipping Policies
We Ship Wood Decking Throughout the USA
Please call us at 866-452-2573 to place your decking order.
- You can expect your order to be processed as fast as possible, packaged, and put on the truck. Once on the truck, you can expect a normal delivery time of 5-7 days directly to your home or job site. All delivery times are based on business days. Shippers do not deliver on weekends. Shipment dates are approximate and not guaranteed for a specific date or time. We do everything we can on our end to track shipments daily and follow up with any issues that may delay shipment. Hardwood Decking Supply cannot be liable for shipping issues that are beyond our control.
- Please do not schedule a crew to offload your wood until you have a confirmed delivery date and time from the shipping company. Do not schedule contractors to install until the wood is delivered, in the event there are delays. HDS will not be responsible for contractor and/or crew costs due to unscheduled deliveries.
- All wood is bundled on pallets, held together with padded protective straps, and lumber wrapped when it leaves our warehouse and is shipped to you.
- Once the order has been shipped, you will receive your Bill of Lading. This will include your shipping information, with contact info for the shipping company in the upper right corner and our shipping department info. You will be able to track your order with this information.
- The driver will only move the wood to the tailgate and the customer will be responsible for removing the lumber from the truck. Liftgate delivery is not an option with freight being over 8′ long.
- If you are not able to receive large trucks to your delivery address, please let us know at the time the order is placed and we will deliver freight to the terminal nearest you and you will be responsible for delivery from the terminal to your location. *Freight costs will be lower with this option than if they were able to deliver to your location.
- Another option is having the truck deliver to an area close to your location, in which you will then be responsible for meeting the driver, unloading materials at a temporary location, and moving materials from the temporary location to your job site.
- Upon delivery, check for damages or shortages and make sure you make a note of it on the driver’s paperwork BEFORE you sign off on the BOL. To make a claim, this must be done. If you have any issues with the wood, do not install it. Once it has been cut, drilled, or installed, it is considered non-returnable.
- CUSTOMERS WILL BE BILLED FOR ANY SPECIALIZED REQUEST MADE WITH THE FREIGHT COMPANY FOR DELIVERY. If a customer asks for a liftgate, help with unloading, sorting, or anything else that the driver is required to help with, the shipping company will bill additional fees. Hardwood Decking Supply is not responsible for these, and the customer will be billed for the charges.
- All accessories will be shipped via UPS and will arrive separate from your wood order.
Washington State Shipping:
Washington residents are responsible for any and all state taxes associated with their orders.
- We process all Hawaii decking orders on Monday, so the order must be placed by Monday in order to be processed with the next shipment to Hawaii.
- You can expect 3-5 days for the order to be processed, packaged, and moved to the port for overseas shipping.
- You can expect 7-9 days for the shipment to arrive at the port nearest you.
- For all Hawaii orders, we deliver to the port and you are responsible for pick-up at the port. Please let us know when placing an order if you would like us to provide separate freight from the port to your job site.
- Once orders are packed for shipping, we will send you a Bill of Lading with tracking information.